Product Design Engineer
Red Devil Equipment / RADIA, located in Plymouth, designs, builds and markets quality equipment. Our products include an industry leading line of paint mixers and a new line of material handling equipment. Red Devil Equipment / RADIA is known for quality and durability. We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Product Design Engineer.
Lead/support essential new product design and engineering projects while supporting multiple projects simultaneously and collaborating with other departments. Lead existing product and quality improvements while providing technical support to other departments as needed.
- Conceive and develop new products consistent with company requirements to achieve quality and cost goals and project introductions.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of product specifications, design work, calculations, records, reports and project books.
- Organize prototypes, prototype verification and product validation testing.
- Redesign existing products to improve quality, appearance or reduce cost.
- Design for manufacturability, process and material selection.
- Assist with departmental objectives as needed.
- Write test requests and reports used in the verification and validation of products.
- Mentor, guide and help train others, act as a resource for others in the department and provide education in various engineering techniques.
- Provide competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Oversee 3rd party regulatory requirements process.
- Provide necessary input to patent application process.
- Effectively use engineering decision-making tools such as FEA's and FMEA's.
Qualified candidates will have a BSME and a minimum of 5+ years of product design experience that includes 3D design in SolidWorks, Pro-E/Creo. Expertise in Sheet Metal design is highly desirable, as is experience with sizing motors and gears, and familiarity with plastic and metal parts, hydraulics, sand and die casting. Prior exposure with validation testing and failure modes and effect analysis, required.
Red Devil Equipment / RADIA offers flexible working hours, highly competitive compensation and the opportunity to lead in a growing and forward-thinking organization. We offer a fast paced, fun, family-owned environment.
If your qualifications and interests match our needs, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Local candidates only at this time please.